Tuesday, March 8, 2016 / by Katherine Kiernan
The Jordahl Custom Homes Home Building Journey
When you looking for a new home there are two options to choose from, you can buy an existing home, or build a new home. I'm sure you have heard people talk about how hard or stressful it is to build a new home. Well with Jordahl Custom Homes that cannot be further from the truth. They have taken the home building process and refined it to take the hassle and headache out of it.
There are 5 major miles stones on your way to a new home with Jordahl.
- First things first, call the Aspire Realty Team and Set Up An Appointment with us. We will walk you through step by step what you can expect through this entire process. Answering your questions and getting you on the right path to building your new home
- In this first meeting we will get to know What You Want and What You Need to have in a home. This will allow us to guide and advise you throughout the rest of the process.
- Once you know what you want and need in a house we will Choose The Neighborhood best fits your needs. We will look at available lots. Would you like to live next to a park? Would you like to have a pond in your backyard? These are all options that are available to you.
- The next step to your perfect home is to Choose the Type and Floor Plan. Do you want a rambler? Maybe a 3 level is more your style. Well we will show you all the options available and get you set up perfectly.
- Find the perfect floor plan for you:
- Lastly in the first meeting we will come up with a budget you are comfortable with. You can look over the standard features of each of the homes
Purchase Your Home
- OBTAIN PRE-APPROVAL – Work with your lender to get a pre-approval letter and determine your loan type – and don’t worry, we carry the construction costs
- FINALIZE YOUR PLAN – Jordahl Custom homes has complimentary In-House Drafter will finalize your floor plan to make sure it is exactly the way you want it.
- SIGN THE CONTRACT- Your real estate agent will walk you thru all the details of the contract
- EARNEST MONEY – With as little as $2,000 down, we can start the next step of your adventure
Design Your Home
- Once you have purchased your new home you will work with the expert staff on the Jordahl Custom Homes Design Team to get the perfect look for you home.
- DESIGN TEAM – The Jordahl Design experts will take the time to understand your vision, lifestyle and inspiration
- DESIGN STUDIO – Their on-site Design Studio offers countless options, so you spend less time running around and more time dreaming of your new custom home
- DESIGN MEETINGS – There have 4 simple meetings led by the complimentary in-house Designers
- INSPIRATION – Looking for ideas? Check out our Gallery Page or find us on HOUZZ or PINTEREST
- STAY CONNECTED – Stay connected with the Jordahl Buildertrend system that allows you to follow along during the build of your new home
Prepare for Closing
- Once the design of your home has been finalized your real estate agent will take over again.
- LEADING UP – Your agent will work with your lender and the title company to coordinate your Final Walk-Through and
- Closing times for the day of closing.
- FINAL TOUCH-UPS – The Jordahl touch-up crew will clean your house top to bottom while their Project Managers make sure no small detail goes missed
- FINAL WALK-THROUGH – Walk through the house with your agent and a project manager to go over warranty information and maintenance tips to keep your house looking great for years to come.
- CLOSING – The big day has arrived!! Sign final paperwork and receive keys to your new home
- AFTER THE CLOSE – After you close on your home that doesn't mean that the team at Aspire wil quit working for you! If you have any issues, questions or concerns regarding your home, contact us and we will work with the right people to get it taken care of as fast as possible.
- ONE YEAR WARRANTY – As your 1 year anniversary nears, we will help you coordinate with the Jordahl Service Department to set up an appointment for their Service Project Manager to meet with you at your home to make sure any issues have been taken care before the warranty expires.
- HOME PROJECTS – Wanting to finish that basement, add a deck or have more storage or cubbies? Jordahl will help you add the just the right touch to your house. Visit the Jordahl Home Projects page for more information.
The team at Aspire Realty is ready to help you with this whole process wonderful process!! Do not hesitate to contact us.